[development] One-to-one tables considered harmful

David Strauss david at fourkitchens.com
Tue Jun 5 14:52:04 UTC 2007

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Quoting Robert Douglass <rob at robshouse.net>:
>
>> Not many people are addressing David's actual technical argument about
>> sorting and writing temporary tables and file sorting. So far his
>> argument has made perfect sense to me, and I would not begrudge seeing
>> a comment count column in the node table. I am glad Dries sees this as
>> well.
>
> I agree that this makes sense for the time being; we can redesign it
> later in D7.

Maybe that will give you time to learn why we have the current approach
and why I'm slightly modifying that approach for performance.

Sorry for my snarky tone, but it comes off as quite rude to say, "Oh, I
guess we'll just replace your hard work with my ideas /next/ version,"
when you haven't provided anything more than some abstract wishes about
comments being nodes.

Why don't you just use Robert Douglass's module and see if it suits your
needs? I'm sure it's well-written.