[development] Should I submit a new module?

Richard Morse remorse at partners.org
Wed Jun 6 18:24:41 UTC 2007

On Jun 5, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Stefan Borchert wrote:

> Why not use "Minimum cache lifetime" (can be found in admin/
> settings/performance)?

In this particular case, the cache wouldn't have been determined to
be invalid by Drupal.  This page is a listing of all the users, with
some of their profile data.  I'm not using my module site_user_list
because at the time I set this site up, site_user_list couldn't do
what I wanted, and with only ~20 users involved, I don't mind running
user_load on each user; especially since only two users can actually
log in, so everything is being set up for anonymous users.  When I
added a user, Drupal doesn't know that this is going to change the
display of the page, so it doesn't invalidate the cache.  So I need a
way to force the cache to be emptied.

However, I think I may have an even better solution -- I had
forgotten the idea of a PHP page (which is stupid on my part, given
that this problem was caused by such a page).  So I could create a
page which runs the cache clearing code without the need for a module.

I'll try to put something up in the PHP snippets section shortly
about this.

Thanks,
Ricky

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.