[development] Go PHP 5, Go!

Steven Peck speck at blkmtn.org
Thu Jun 7 08:14:50 UTC 2007

Actually, it almost doesn't matter.  IF a substantial portion of the larger
php based projects move next year, it doesn't mean that their products that
have been developed to work up until that point will cease working.

It just means that to do anything moving forward people will need to
upgrade.
This really isn't different then what happens now.

Besides, this strategy has worked successfully for Microsoft for years.  It
will work for the Open Source community just as well.

Announce a date, stick to it, move forward.  People who don't upgrade now,
are the ones who won't upgrade then.

-sp