[development] Requiring node revisions

Karthik narakasura at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:48:59 UTC 2007

On 07/06/07, David Strauss <david at fourkitchens.com> wrote:
> Currently, there are two revision-control options when saving a node:
>
> 1. Overwrite the latest revision.
> 2. Create a new revision.
>
> I think #1 has very little value.
>
> Even cheap shared hosts allow ridiculous amounts of space, so database
> size isn't that important anymore. Unless there's a really compelling
> argument for leaving #1 around, I'd like to create an issue to eliminate
> the ability to save a node without creating a new revision in Drupal 6.

One of many scenarios where this will prove to be a hindrance:

1. I create a page using the PHP filter containing sensitive information.
2. I forget to select the PHP input format.
3. I notice this and edit the page again and select the correct format.
4. I think all is well.

Anybody who can view revisions will be able to see my sensitive information.

-K