[development] Requiring node revisions

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Thu Jun 7 18:16:44 UTC 2007

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:58:03 -0700, Derek Wright <drupal at dwwright.net> wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2007, at 6:30 AM, Moshe Weitzman wrote:
>
>> yes, i think the time has come for automatically tracking
>> revisions. +1
>
> +1 to always requiring revisions (did anyone honestly expect Mr.
> Revision Control to think otherwise?). ;)
>
> so, next step: diff.module in core?  if we're going to force
> revisions all the time, shouldn't core have a better UI for
> displaying them?
>
> -derek

There are cases where I don't want revisions at all.  Maybe I don't want a paper-trail. :-)

If the code is considerably simpler if revisions are required, then I would say we should also consider it a requirement that we have auto-trimming of revisions in core, per node type, (only keep the last X revisions of node type Y), and document that setting it to 0 will have "no revisions saved".  That becomes the new alternative way of saying "revisions off", but has cleaner code.

--Larry Garfield