[development] Use revisions to replace previews

Wim Leers bashratthesneaky at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 19:43:17 UTC 2007

@Kevin: A revision is always stored in the DB (in the node_revisions
table IIRC) and hence it *is* saved. So it would simply show up in
the list of revisions, meaning that if the user can access the
revisions, he can access the preview revision as well.
But I'm sure David is talking about some UI enhancement that would
allow the user that would ask the user if he'd like to edit his last
unpublished revision (i.e. a preview) when the user edits a node.

@David: IMO the interim preview revisions should be deleted.
And the ability to go back to your last unpublished revision (last
preview) should also take a special case into account: what if /
another user/ has updated the node after your last unpublished
revision? The user should be warned in this case, or he might
unknowingly erase new content by that other user.

Wim