[development] Requiring node revisions

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 08:42:18 UTC 2007

I'm generally in agreement with Dries' "devils advocate" remarks.  if
we don't make the user experience better and simpler, this is wasted
effort.  Most users of web publishing are not the sophisticates that
we are -- not even close, not even those comfortable with Microsoft
Office (and if you've ever seen a sample of behaviors of people who
even well versed in MS Office but not otherwise computer
sophisticates, you'll be appalled at how they do things).

I've never used revisions on any of numerous Drupal sites (or even
other CMS sites) that I've been associated with -- and I even have the
background of having worked for a real document management company
(revisions burned to optical disk forever for legal reasons) and
having used DEC's VMS with its auto-file versioning filesystem.
Still, if there is no performance hit, turning revisions on all the
time is ok with me, as long as the admin can easily trim the database.

..chrisxj