[development] AB-Use revisions to replace previews

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sun Jun 10 16:46:33 UTC 2007

While I agree with Ber that we shouldn't force one workflow in core, we do
need to establish a common data model for it.  Otherwise, there's no way for
contrib modules to arbitrarily tie into it.  Right now, some contribs just
store nid.  Technically that's wrong because then versioning doesn't work;
they need nid and vid.  If we want "drafts in core", then we also have to
have some mechanism for contribs to "just work" with whatever the draft
mechanism is.  (A did column?  Just reusing vid?  Actions in core?  Something
else?  I don't know.)  If we don't, you'll be able to save-as-draft the title
and body and little else, which is rather pointless. :-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson