[development] Can I move the sites and profiles directories?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 10 17:32:51 UTC 2007

Quoting Boris Mann <boris at bryght.com>:

> On 6/9/07, Dave Cohen <drupal at dave-cohen.com> wrote:
>
>> Note that I don't want to set up symbolic links from www/drupal-5.1/sites to
>> my sites directories.  I have my code (including the drupal core I am using)
>> in subversion, and I'd like to checkout out an entire site in a single step.
>> Having to replace Drupal's sites and profiles directories with
>> symbolic links
>> is an extra step I'd like to avoid.
>
> SVN supports symbolic links.
>
> See https://svn.bryght.com/dev/browser/bryghtbase/DRUPAL-5/trunk for
> an example layout. We have a top level modules, profiles, themes,
> modules, and patches directory. Symlinks abound.

This is cool.  I'll have to give it a try.  On windows directory
junction points would probably work as well.  Boris do you know how the
windows client works in regard to a checkout from your server with the
symbolic links?  Does it create junction points or does it just create
copies?  I'll go ask an SVN list.

Earnie