[development] Can I use an external user DB instead of the original user table in drupal DB?

Huisi Wang huisiwang at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 07:36:42 UTC 2007

Hi,

I want users to provide more profile, and module profile can solve
this issue. But it's not convenient to query the data, which user
provides. Because the data has been saved in 'profile_fields' and
'profile_values', two tables separately.

So can I use an external user DB instead of the original user table in
drupal DB, so that I can save all data in one DB table ? or some
modules can solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Huisi