[development] hook_help() vs $section for Drupal 6

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Jun 15 16:33:18 UTC 2007

Well, node paths were just an example, as these are what people are
immediately familiar with. We can certainly do custom coding at all
times, when we need details from the exact path of the page, not only
the already processed menu path, but I am not sure most of the time we
need that.

Now in Drupal 6:

  $_GET['q']                        | hook_help() $section parameter
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
node/1/view                        | node/%
node/1/edit                        | node/%/edit
user/1                             | user/%
admin/build/block/list/chameleon   | admin/build/block/list/chameleon
admin/build/block/configure/user/1 | admin/build/block/configure

The problem with the help hook parameter is that it is neither identical
to what is defined in the menu hook, neither identical to the $_GET['q']
value, it is something different. Help hook authors need to resort to
custom coding to get around these problems.

Gabor