[development] version = "$Name$" considered harmful in .info files

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue Jun 19 09:08:03 UTC 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 1:53 AM, Johan Forngren wrote:

> However, does the same apply to themes? See http://drupal.org/node/
> 137062

Yet more evidence of confusion between:

version = 5.x-1.3 (the full version string, which doesn't belong in CVS)

and:

core = 6.x  (the version of core this thing is compatible with, which
should be in CVS)

This has nothing to do with modules vs. themes.  I purged "version"
from *ALL* .info files in CVS (yes, even the 1 D6-specific theme in
contrib that put version in its .info, zenzen), not "core"....

That said, I should seriously consider if cvs_deploy.module can
handle missing "core", too, before people start doing major D6
porting.  It's possible we don't need "core = 6.x" checked into CVS,
and cvs_deploy could try to figure it out if it's not there.
However, that'd probably require patching how the system_modules form
works in core, so I should definitely make sure any changes are done
before the D6 freeze. ;)

Cheers,
-Derek