[development] PHP 5 > aggregator.module rewrite to XML API?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Tue Jun 19 16:06:44 UTC 2007

> received a bug issue in two months or so. SimplePie is forbiddingly
> performance terrible, or so I understood from Aron Novak's article which

Unfortunately, we can't take these statistics as canon:

  * there's no instructions on how to duplicate.

  * the SimplePie result is an estimate ("At SimplePie I have to
    do an estimate, because the feed download time was accumulated
    to the measure."

  * it is unknown whether the other feed parsers are doing the
    same sanitization that SimplePie does, again, which adds
    more time to the results.

I won't be convinced that the processing time of SimplePie is an
accurate and overwhelming negative to it's more proper parsing support
until I see repeatable and clean room results (no download, no
sanitizing, etc.)

--
Morbus Iff ( be realistic. demand the impossible. )
aim: akaMorbus / skype: morbusiff / icq: 2927491 / jabber.org: morbus