[development] stripping tags during aggregation?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Tue Jun 26 11:34:26 UTC 2007

> Question: Should all tags in aggregated content be stripped? If not,
> then what tags should be allowed? If I use filter_xss then what tags
> should I allow? Is there some specification or article on what HTML tags
> should be allowed to go through? How do aggregation module authors
> handle this or advise that it be handled?

One of the feature requests for aggregator.module has, for a while, been
to allow the user to decide what tags are allowed in the feed (this may
have actually happened actually - I haven't checked in a while).
Ultimately, what would be most ideal would be to hook aggregator up to
the Drupal input formats - then a user could define as many aggregator
related import formats as they'd like, and assign them however they'd
like to whatever feeds they have ("this one allows images", "this one
doesn't" ... "ooh, this one always does things in a blockquote", etc.)

--
Morbus Iff ( omnia mutantur, nihil interit )
aim: akaMorbus / skype: morbusiff / icq: 2927491 / jabber.org: morbus