[development] stripping tags during aggregation?

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Tue Jun 26 15:46:58 UTC 2007

On 6/26/07, Laura Scott <laura at pingv.com> wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2007, at 5:34 AM, Morbus Iff wrote:
> > Ultimately, what would be most ideal would be to hook
> > aggregator up to the Drupal input formats - then a user could
> > define as many aggregator related import formats as they'd like,
> > and assign them however they'd like to whatever feeds they have
> > ("this one allows images", "this one doesn't" ... "ooh, this one
> > always does things in a blockquote", etc.)
>
> This feature already exists. http://yourdomain.com/admin/content/
> aggregator/settings has a field, "Allowed HTML tags:" where you can
> designate what tags shall be passed through from feeds into your site.

Except it's global, instead of per-feed. And it doesn't use input formats,
it uses a single strip tags entry.

So, short answer is, make it configurable. If I want to add a feed from
another site (that I own...) that has all tags and javascript and embed
codes and everything....then I should be able to.

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889