[development] Druplicon is dead! Long live Druplicon!

Arancaytar Ilyaran arancaytar.ilyaran at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 04:53:59 UTC 2007

Morbus Iff wrote:

> I started running Druplicon as a Perl bot in 2005.
>
> In late 2006, I started a proof of concept called bot.module.
>
> Today, bot_module has officially slayed the Perl beast Druplicon and
> taken its rightful name: Druplicon, the bot, is now a Drupal module.

Something that may be a really daft question to everyone who has experience with
IRC bots: How is it actually run, and kept running? By visiting a URL on the
Drupal site and having PHP enter a loop it never leaves?

Most shared hosts disallow "permanently running programs" such as IRC bots that
are started via the shell. Will a module like this fall under that rule?

--Arancaytar