[development] stripping tags during aggregation?

Ken Rickard agentrickard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 02:25:06 UTC 2007

Ashraf wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion on how to handle input. Filtering input through
> the node filter system sounds ideal. Never would have reached this on my
> own.

I think this is a good idea for output filtering of feed data.  As to your
original question: I don't think the aggregation parser should strip tags
during feed acquisition.  Drupal standard is "store what's entered and
filter on output."

Filtering tags during feed parsing adds cycles to a potentially expensive
process (discussed to death previously).

There is, by the way, a feature request for this functionality:
http://drupal.org/node/89191.

-Ken Rickard
agentrickard