[development] Patch: path.module performance improvement
work at wimleers.com
Sat Jun 30 18:25:02 UTC 2007
yup, yet another desperate call for review. I just need another small
review to get this patch (hopefully) marked as RTBC. It has been
tested thoroughly already!
What does it do?
- how: provide the ability to use no optimization at all, a blacklist
or a whitelist of Drupal paths, to reduce the number of queries
drupal_lookup_path() has to perform
- default: a very safe blacklist
- UI: none, to avoid confusion for the average user. The UI will be
provided by a contrib module.
- performance improvement: from 55.07 reqs/sec to 61.46 reqs/sec,
which is 11.6% more (using the default). These numbers come from
benchmarks that you can see in follow-up #72. The total number of
queries per page dropped about 20% (absolute numbers: between 10 and
100 less queries). Of course this all depends on your setup.
- this patch gives a "free" performance boost to all path.module
users, the difference will be larger for more complex sites
- if you're knowledgeable enough to use the UI for this module, you
can increase that performance gain even further
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the development