[development] node_access for not the global user?

Alan Dixon alan.g.dixon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 15:54:13 UTC 2007

I'm looking for a way to determine if an arbitrary user (i.e, not the
global or current user) has access to a node. The node_access()
function in the node.module looks like what I want, except that it
only applies to the current user. I only actually care if the user can
view the node.

Any ideas?

I'd thought of redefining the $_GLOBAL['user'] temporarily and then
running node_access, but I think that might be dangerous (side
effects?). I could also just copy that node_access function and change
the references to the global user, but I'm hoping someone's already
thought through a more elegant solution.

--
Alan Dixon, Web Developer
http://alan.g.dixon.googlepages.com/