[development] Summer of Code Idea

mark burdett mfburdett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 08:54:10 UTC 2007

Btw, metalink is actually just an XML standard for linking to
downloads, you can include links to various types of URLs (http, ftp,
bittorrent magnet, other p2p URLs) and some metadata.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalink

If a drupal module could take care of generating the metalinks for
each file upload, it would be easy for other modules to plug in and
add new download options.  Parsing would also be useful, e.g. one
could "attach" files that are already online by uploading a metalink.

--mark