[development] memcache

Steve Rude steve at achieveinternet.com
Tue Mar 6 22:14:30 UTC 2007

> When I first suggested that node objects should be cachable I wasn't
> able to get sufficient support for this and had to accept the static
> cache as a minor solution. However, now that there are so many very
> popular Drupal sites, I think that the forces that be might reconsider
> their position. ;)

That would be excellent.  I believe that as a configurable option this would
be a great win for Drupal.   I will put together some documentation of the
performance gains for authenticated and anonymous users.

I'd sure like to have node object caching for drupal.org.

:)

--

Steve Rude
Lead Web Developer