[development] progress control (like in update.php)?

Yves Chedemois yched.drupal at free.fr
Wed Mar 7 03:47:33 UTC 2007

Karoly Negyesi a ecrit le 06/03/2007 11:47:
>> What about a progress.inc, which is used by update.php and loaded by
>> this heavy lifter modules when need be, but otherwise does not bother
>> Drupal?
>
> Yes! I like the idea, very, very much like. If this gets implemented, I would like to get the ability of outputting some information on each reload so that the user is not left in the dark.

I uploaded the code I have in my sandbox
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/yched/batch/

As I wrote in http://drupal.org/node/124727#comment-207879,
it still needs some love and polishing, but the basic functionnality
seems ok, so I think it this might be a good dtarting point.

I have to leave the keyboard for a few days, and did not have time to
- update it for HEAD (it is for drupal 5 currently)
- generate a proper patch (having troubles including new files in a
patch, ya know...)

I'll get to it as soon as I get back. Meanwhile, any
feedback/advice/bashing welcome.

Yched