[development] is nodeapi hook a requirement or not?

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Thu Mar 8 05:12:29 UTC 2007

> the problem is that we don't let modules know about these changes via
> nodeapi. so modules which listen on nodeapi('update') never know about
> this change.
I think we definitely need to call the API instead of direct DB updates.
This is what I kept in mind when adding some user mass operations
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/drupal/modules/user/user.module?r1=1.721&r2=1.722

And you're right that this form doesn't need to be fast. I think we need
this even if it is on 50 nodes. We'll just have to make sure to not
cache those nodes like the recent node access issue.

Rob Roy Barreca
Founder and COO
Electronic Insight Corporation
http://www.electronicinsight.com