[development] new editor at drupaldigest.com

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Mar 8 22:15:28 UTC 2007

On 3/8/07, Moshe Weitzman <weitzman at tejasa.com> wrote:
> I am happy to let everyone know that the fine email digest service at
> http://drupaldigest.com has a new editor for the 'cvs commit messages'
> mailing list. Greg Knaddison replaces myself as the poor soul who reads all
> commit messages and hand picks the most important ones and puts them into a
> high quality rss feed. He reads the logs so you don't have to.

Thanks, Moshe.

For what it's worth, Moshe and I discussed the idea of editorializing
in the posts.  My personal bugaboo is http://drupal.org/node/52287
"Commit messages--providing history and credit"

At this point I plan on pointing out when there are repeat offenders
who provide no message or messages like "fixed bugs".  Maybe 7000
messages a month will change my mind, but yesterday I watched sadness
come over Ezra's face as he realized that patches he provides won't
show up in the list of commits on http://drupal.org/user/69959  And
then I watched happiness come back into his face as he saw
http://drupal.org/cvs?commit=59709

So, cheers to RobRoy for making the right kind of commit message!  Now
that I've personally felt the joy of getting a "thanks greggles" for
my patches and now that I've seen the same (de)motivation in other
people I feel justified in pointing out commit messages that leave out
credit.

I'll attempt to contact folks prior to any public comments, but this
is a first alert.

Greg