[development] What's going on with this person's commits?

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Sat Mar 10 01:49:19 UTC 2007

On Mar 9, 2007, at 4:24 PM, sime wrote:

> Once I had a mixed up commit, where my commit has been attributed
> to someone else who didn't have access to the project. The other
> person had committed at the same time.

yeah, for a while i've suspected that the scripts which integrate CVS
with Drupal (know as "xcvs*") aren't transaction safe and could
contain race conditions, etc.  they certainly don't use any of
drupal's DB-abstraction layer, they're just raw mysql calls in php.
i never really had a chance to look through this aspect of them
carefully, i just tacked the access control stuff on top of what was
already there.  however, i probably should do so now, since, as the
size of our contributor community grows, if there's a race, it's more
and more likely we're hitting it...

-derek