[development] Drop-down primary-links

Yannick Warnier ywarnier at beeznest.org
Tue Mar 13 23:59:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

I was looking around the other day for a theme that would allow
drop-down primary-links to show secondary-links. Obviously, no theme was
proposing that and after a few script searches, I think I understood
why. Doing that implies that you get all the primary-links *and*
secondary-links structure at once, and nothing was in place to do that.

So I hacked a bit and got the whole structure in one piece, but I'm
actually wondering if there is *really* no other development already
that did that. I'm not that good at DHTML so I haven't finished the job
(actually displaying the menus as dropdown nicely). I had to change
files in the theme (I started by re-using Garland) as well as the
template engine, in Drupal 5.1.

Any comments on this? Is that something people would want me to
publicize? Can somebody with good DHTML skills provide me with some help
finishing the job? I would have a few spare minutes at the end of the
week to pass that on...

Thanks,

Yannick