[development] Drupal Services Listing Request

Gregory Heller gregory at civicactions.com
Wed Mar 14 18:28:56 UTC 2007

As per instructions on this page:
http://drupal.org/drupal-services

I'd like to request that CivicActions, LLC be added to the List of
Drupal Services Providers.

CivicActions, LLC
http://www.civicactions.com
info (AT) civicactions (DOT) com
2917 Ashby Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94705
Phone: (510) 684-3180

Our description would/should read as follows:

CivicActions provides strategic consulting, technology planning, visual
and information design, and web solutions for content management,
on-line/off-line communities, constituent relationship management,
e-advocacy, e-canvass and online fundraising tools. Our services empower
distributed networks to protect the environment, advance peace, improve
public health, promote education, champion social and economic justice
and increase human potential.

CivicActions has deployed more than 40 Drupal powered websites since
March of 2005, ranging from basic promotional sites to complex
e-commerce, multi-media and political websites. Our clients include
ShiftInAction, Jim Hightower and the Hightower Lowdown, Public Interest
Pictures, Jerry Brown, ACLU.TV, AlGore.org and many others.

We strive to build upon and improve existing modules when possible. As
appropriate we fund or write custom modules, always with the goal of
returning the code to the broader Drupal community. Our recent
contributions include: MediaMover
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/modules/media_mover/,
Views Faster Search <http://dev.civicactions.net/moin/ViewsFastSearch>
http://drupal.org/project/views_fastsearch, Release Monitor
<http://dev.civicactions.net/moin/ReleaseMonitor>
http://drupal.org/project/releasemonitor, Selenium
http://drupal.org/project/selenium and NINA
http://drupal.org/project/nina and many others (Views Alpha Pager, Coder
Module, Date Range, Filter Block, PHP Free Chat)

The CivicActions Team consist of experts practicing in strategic
consulting, infromation architecture, user experience design and
testing, systems engineering, graphic design, project management.
CivicActions team members live where they want have a flexible work
schedule work for clients they are passionate about. This flexibility
tends to attract "Renaissance" men and women: people who -- in addition
to their passion for technology -- are also literacy activists,
Appalachian songwriters, personal transformation coaches, organic
farmers, project managers by day/trapeze artists by night, and
programmers with degrees in art and political science. We meet at least
three times each year for full team retreats in various places (recently
in New Orleans, Amsterdam and Sonoma) and have regular engineering and
project team retreats and sprints.

CivicActioners actively engage their communities and bring their
interdisciplinary approaches into their work with technology. "Thinking
outside the box"-- a phrase corporations use to encourage innovation --
is not something we try to do. We live it.

As a policy http://www.civicactions.com/license, we honor freedom. All
of our source code and materials are licensed under either GPL, AGPL or
Creative Commons. By leveraging free and open source software we deliver
the maximum value to our clients and team members alike.

--
----
Gregory Heller

Changing the world one node at a time!