[development] Drop-down primary-links

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:55:52 UTC 2007

On 14 Mar 2007, at 00:59, Yannick Warnier wrote:
> I was looking around the other day for a theme that would allow
> drop-down primary-links to show secondary-links. Obviously, no
> theme was
> proposing that and after a few script searches, I think I understood
> why. Doing that implies that you get all the primary-links *and*
> secondary-links structure at once, and nothing was in place to do
> that.

The fact that Drupal 5 supports dynamic menu items (menu items that
are conditionally generated) makes it difficult/dangerous to do
dynamic HTML menus.  If I'm not mistaken, that is already taken care
of by the new menu system in Drupal 6.  That should be good news for
the people that want "responsive menus".

Is DHTML menu items something core could support better?  We're
working on the menu system now, so feedback and/or patches from the
various menu module maintainers, and theme designers, would be
welcome.  I'd love to find out, how we can make it easier to make and
support "complex menus".