[development] Simple Images, SOC proposal

Keizo Gates kzo at kzo.net
Sun Mar 18 17:44:34 UTC 2007

Hi Drupalers (is that proper?)

I've written up my soc proposal on posted it to the soc group.  Below
is my brief summary and the link.  Would appreciate any feedback or
suggestions.  Also, if there's any interested mentors out there...

SUMMARY
The goal for the Simple Images project is to provide a module or
collection of modules that allows anyone or their grandma to insert
images into a Drupal node. There already numerous image solutions
available, but none that match the simplicity of commercial services
such as Blogger or the notes interface in Facebook. Simple Images
will be that solution.

full proposal: http://groups.drupal.org/node/3227

---

For any students or anyone else interested here were my other ideas:
http://kzo.net/log/summer-of-code-ideas-for-drupal

I've also made some notes on the files as nodes vs not as nodes
debate: http://kzo.net/log/handling-images-documents-and-files-in-drupal

Sorry the above links are in wordpress, I use Drupal for two other
sites.  :)

Keizo Gates