[development] lucid menu & aggregation

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Mar 20 21:43:48 UTC 2007

Ashraf

I recall when you were applying for CVS access that we recommended that
you take over aggregator2 and then commit your code to it, making it a total
rewrite of an abandoned module.

If this was done, then we would have one less module in this whole confusing

area of aggregators.

Overlapping or duplication of functionality without a good reason is not
good.

On a related note, the best way forward on aggregators is to make them
componentized using a defined API. Then people can write plugins to the
API, or pick and choose from what is available.