[development] PHP version stats

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Mar 24 15:21:23 UTC 2007

According to the stats of PHP usages, we cannot afford to drop PHP4
any time soon. If the stats change a year from now, then maybe, but
not before that.

Think of how many people would not be able to run Drupal on shared
hosts.

Nice way to get an instant installed base reduction.

(By the way, I am not stuck to PHP4 myself. In fact, all my sites have
PHP5, but they are either dedicated or VPS, so I can choose. The issue
is for people who cannot choose which PHP version to run).
--
2bits.com
http://2bits.com