[development] PHP version stats

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 15:41:43 UTC 2007

Yes, the OOP doc explains the limitations given the historical moment,
totally acceptable and the best solution possible then (php 4 oop not up to
par), inadequate now.

And Earl's blog post is a promising step forward, that is, to start an OOP
paradigm on Drupal a portion at a time. He suggests the first portion.

Don't want to open up a whole flame war on OOP, but I would say your
position is correct in the short term, but that as consultants we have to
plan for the medium and long term also (relatively speaking, where months
replace years) if our code is going to be reusable.

saludos,

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar