[development] Patch reviews

Addison Berry addi at rocktreesky.com
Thu Mar 29 13:00:27 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Just to follow up on chx's email.  This weekend we will be starting a
push to get more people involved in testing patches.  A video
tutorial (another in the quick and dirty line ;)) is in the works and
this will be heavily promoted in the Dojo over the coming weeks
(maybe front page of d.o too?).  We will be also adding a feature at
the Dojo for "Patch of the Day" to promote patches that need testing
(we're focusing on core right now, but that doesn't mean that high-
use contribs can't be used as well).  Note that this is functionality
testing and not necessarily code review so patches that have some
basic instructions for newbie testers on what to test will be high on
the list (chx's menu patch instructions are simple and to the point -
it doesn't have to be elaborate, just give direction).

I'm really hoping to give people who feel they can't contribute an
inroad to helping out and more community involvement as well as
building up a good community of testers that will make our push for
Drupal 6 even more productive.  Thanks in advance for helping guide
new testers on your patches.

- Addi
(add1sun)