[development] Where to ask CVS questions?

Richard Morse remorse at partners.org
Thu Mar 29 13:07:29 UTC 2007

On Mar 29, 2007, at 3:36 AM, Jakob Petsovits wrote:

> Er? You do know that this message gets posted to a public mailing
> list and
> will automatically be "retransmitted" to a public web server where you
> can "review" and "disseminate" the mailing list archive for a long
> long time?
>
> I mean, I know that this disclaimer is an automatically appended
> signature,
> but I find it very inappropriate for an open source development
> mailing list
> nevertheless.

FWIW, I totally agree.  This signature isn't appended by my email
client, but by the smtp server that work provides (I'm doing my
development at work, because my modules were all developed for my
work web site).  I can't even set up my own SMTP server (which I used
to have), because I'm associated with a hospital, so all email into
and out from my network must pass through certain "email gateways",
which automatically append the message.

Ricky

(please forgive the following drivel)

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.