[development] Two new core modules

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed May 2 03:14:08 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, Robert Wohleb <rob at techsanctuary.com> wrote:
> Dries Buytaert wrote:
> > Hello world,
> > there are two existing modules I'd like to see added to Drupal 6:
> >
> >  1. OpenID
> Adding OpenID to D6 core would be huge. Having D6 client and server
> would really open things up.
>
> There are a couple of existing OpenID implementations for Drupal. The
> ones I'm aware of are http://drupal.org/project/openid and
> http://jirwin.net/. I believe the one hosted on drupal.org is running on
> planet-soc.com and delegation does not work. I know the jirwin.net
> version does properly handle delegation.

The project on Drupal is the correct place. There is, I believe, some
6+ level code that still needs to be checked / attached as a
patch.....that is the code that will lead us to the future, it won't
rely on an external library, and it's actually OpenID 2.x and 1.x
compliant. The 4.7-2 dev code does allow delegation. File issues,
please :P

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889