[development] Actions in core

John VanDyk jvandyk at iastate.edu
Wed May 2 20:19:08 UTC 2007

>So, what I really want is a module that implements
>"hook_action_form_alter()" that can add my term filtering to any
>action config form, get notified when the action is invoked, and
>decide whether or not it should execute.  hook_action_form_alter()
>should have a $op argument for: 'form', 'validate', 'pre-execute' (can
>return false to prevent execution), 'execute' (action just executed),
>maybe others too.

Seems to me that this is a specific instance of a conditional, with a
proposed mechanism for how conditionals would be implemented. I agree
that conditionals are eventually necessary, probably on an action set
and individual action level.

You can form_alter the actions configuration form currently by
targeting form id  'actions_configure'.