[development] Translatable strings for 1st/2nd/3rd/nth

Chris Kennedy chrisken at mail.utexas.edu
Wed May 2 22:17:15 UTC 2007

Does anyone have suggestions for creating translatable strings for rankings?

I need to generate strings for 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/etc. ideally without a
limit, but don't know of a simple translatable solution.

Right now I just have individual t() strings for 1st/2nd/3rd, then a
blanket t($i .'th') for the rest, under the untested theory that
translators could manually add translations for Nth into their .po files
up to a reasonable limit. I realize that this will not work for
extractor.php purposes and is English-centric.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris