[development] low hanging fruit for Drupal 6: variable defaults

Wim Leers bashratthesneaky at gmail.com
Thu May 3 09:44:12 UTC 2007

One use case is: on the settings page you set the default to a
certain value, for example an empty string. But elsewhere in your
code, you set the default to NULL, because then you can just do:

	$var = variable_get('some_var', NULL);
	foreach ($var as $key => $value) { ..}

without having to check if $var is the empty string. Because using
NULL will immediately end the foreach loop and an empty string would
generate an error.
Simple use case, but again a bit shorter!

I'll do this one :)

Wim