[development] The Drupal Diet - Making bootstrap faster

Doug Green douggreen at douggreenconsulting.com
Thu May 3 11:43:19 UTC 2007

+1 for the idea

> Sooo...  Now that the three of you who made it all the way through this
> email have gotten here, thoughts on this approach?  Any caveats I'm
> missing?  Any use cases I don't know about?  Does this have a snowball's
> chance in hell of being accepted?

Maybe I missed something....

Why not simply start by adding a .page for pages and .form for forms?  If
the function doesn't exist when it's needed, look for it in the module
directory.  Or is this what you've already done?

Similar factoring could occur for hooks as well.  Is this the over-factoring
you want to avoid?

I don't like having to pass an additional argument telling the system where
things live.  I think it should have pretty good defaults that work most of
the time, and the path argument only overrides in special cases.

Doug Green
904-583-3342
www.civicactions.com
www.douggreenconsulting.com