[development] low hanging fruit for Drupal 6: variable defaults

John Vandervort jvandervort at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:15:40 UTC 2007

Nice.  I hadn't read adrian's thread before.  If only I'd searched on 'relm'
:)

So if we change the variable table to (system.install):

      db_query("CREATE TABLE {variable} (
        namespace varchar(128) NOT NULL default ''
        name varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
        value longtext NOT NULL,
        language varchar(12) NOT NULL default '',
        PRIMARY KEY (namespace, name, language)
      ) /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET UTF8 */ ");

We'd be halfway there.

a patch to variable_get, set, del, and init... in bootstrap.inc and we'd
maintain full backward compatibility
with the current system, but allow namespace uniqueness and a helper
function for mass loading...

--
-> JV