[development] Introduce dynamic object translation API (optimize this!)

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri May 4 21:20:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

There were some misconceptions on this list about the motives of having
a defined list of variables, or the usefulness of t() for user defined
text translation. So I figured I delve into a complete writeup of the
challenge of user defined object translation, as well as provide a
simple patch of our current working concept.

WARNING: we are looking for optimization junkies and ninjas to help out
there! There is a lot to be optimized, while keeping the API simple, or
making it even simpler!

But even if you are not into optimization, this issue should shed a lot
of light on how user defined object translation could work, and why is
that so much different from simply using t().

   http://drupal.org/node/141461

Excuse me if I will not tack this issue into replies to all your
concerns on different ends of the variables refactoring thread.

Gabor