[development] files owned by uid, patch review request.

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon May 7 11:00:41 UTC 2007

On 07 May 2007, at 01:38, Darrel O'Pry wrote:
> Yes there can be granular access control to files, but that is a
> feature
> not included in this patch.

> Groups are fun and important, but are out of scope for this change. I
> could imaging a basic administer files permission that would create a
> super user group. Much like administer content.

I don't think Cog is requesting that this would be part of this
patch.  I think he just wants to understand how this patch affects
feature requests like this.  As in; does this patch makes it easier
or more difficult to implement some of the common feature requests
related to file handling.

What if I want the files to get deleted when the node is deleted?
Would they still be deleted with the proposed patch?