[development] files owned by uid, patch review request.

andrew morton drewish at katherinehouse.com
Mon May 7 16:04:11 UTC 2007

On 5/6/07, Darrel O'Pry <dopry at thing.net> wrote:
> I have also been thinking about using the status field and having a
> FILE_STATUS_HIDDEN that tells other modules to ignore files unless they
> happen to be responsible for the files.

Before I'd seen what you were up to, my goal was to eventually allow
contrib modules to use the upload module's file uploading but keep
upload from displaying them as attachments. The idea is to add a field
to the files table so that modules can assert ownership over a file.
Please take a look at this issue: http://drupal.org/node/33482
At this point I'm going to try to bring my ideas into line with your framework.

andrew