[development] files owned by uid, patch review request.

Andre Molnar mcsparkerton at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 8 07:04:15 UTC 2007

Dries Buytaert wrote:
> The current model is that when you delete a node, the files associated
> with that node are also deleted -- both from the database and from
> disk.  With this proposed patch, the files would remain on disk, and
> you'd have no way to delete them -- nor from the database, nor from
> disk.  (Unless maybe you use a contrib module).
>
> How do you all feel about this?  Does this drawback (if considered a
> drawback) outweight the advantages of this patch?

Not killing the file or the db record of the file on node delete is a
huge plus in my books.  It means that it could be possible to
re-attached to a different (or multiple) nodes without the user having
to upload again.

Upload once - use often.

There would be no UI (yet) - but contrib modules could fill the void.

andre