[development] New module: Module Priority

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Fri May 18 20:48:08 UTC 2007

> Yes, I found it: http://drupal.org/project/moduleweight. It hasn't
> been updated since it was released. Shouldn't a feature like this be
> in core?
Does anyone agree that if there is a core effort, it should go towards
hook ordering and chx's before/after code in his sandbox (I haven't
looked at it in a while, but it seemed promising)? This should all be
done at the code level IMHO and not an admin interface. Module weighting
only gets us so far and I think a much more dynamic solution is allowing
mymodule to say hook_foo goes before contribmodule's hook_foo, but
mymodule hook_bar goes after contribmodule's hook_bar.

Also, with some sort of weighted hook registry, my module could disable
another module's hook for real edge cases.

But, I'll need to think of a use-case as maybe I'm just talking out my
arse. Anyone think this is useful?

Rob Roy Barreca
Founder and COO
Electronic Insight Corporation