[development] OG User Roles: user_access / node add / $user->roles

David Metzler metzlerd at metzlerd.com
Sat May 19 16:25:36 UTC 2007

I've run into similar problems with using user_load to alter
user_data.  User_load doesn't fire as often as you might think it
does due to some caching strategies.   To prove this, place a
drupal_set_message call in your user_load trap and see when it
fires.  It may not be firing on the page where you're getting the
access denied errors.

To solve my problem I had to move user alteration into the init hook.

It may be that there's core bug here, but I haven't yet tracked it
down since the init hook solved my problem.

I never did find out why user_load wasn't firing.