[development] drupal.org downtime tomorrow

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Wed May 23 18:27:39 UTC 2007

On 5/23/07, Matt Farina <matt at mattfarina.com> wrote:
> Doug - great point on the time it takes for COUNT(*).  These an article over
> at 2bits.com [1] that points out the same problem.
>
>  Since the search tables are mostly read from wouldn't it be better for
> overall performance, as Doug said, to leave them as MyISAM?

This has been discussed quite a bit on the infrastructure list.  If
you want to be involved in the infrastructure discussions, that is the
place.  There's work underway (coordinated on infrastructure) to get
good benchmarks of different tweaks to the Drupal.org setup.  Jonathan
Lambert is graciously undertaking that work.  I don't think he's
looking for help now, but when he releases his results I imagine that
it will be useful to get diverse opinions on them.

Regards,
Greg