[development] PHP5 going forward

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun May 27 14:56:13 UTC 2007

On 5/27/07, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Quoting Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net>:
>
> > Quoting Gordon Heydon <gordon at heydon.com.au>:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I like this idea, and getting as many of the major PHP projects
> >> involved as possible would be the best way to go.
> >>

> Does anyone have a working configuration for Apache-2.2, PHP-5.2.x and
> Drupal?  I've been trying but I keep getting an issue with PCRE and
> UNICODE as I have previously mentioned.  Unless this issue is addressed
> then pushing for PHP5 is a mute point.

Ubuntu server installs Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2.1 by default.

# php -v
PHP 5.2.1 (cli) (built: May 22 2007 19:05:44)
Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
    with eAccelerator v0.9.5.1, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 eAccelerator, by
eAccelerator
# apache2 -v
Server version: Apache/2.2.3
Server built:   Jan 15 2007 18:14:50

Haven't noticed any problem on my test server nor my live server, and I have
lots of sites there, mostly 5.x.

--
2bits.com
http://2bits.com