[development] Drupal's CVS policies... including 'foriegn' codein TinyMCE module?

mark burdett mfburdett at gmail.com
Tue May 29 02:06:27 UTC 2007

Seems like module maintainers could just "officially" incorporate GPL code
into their module, meaning they will support it (hopefully including
contributing bug reports and patches "upstream").  Thus it's no longer
"third-party code," it's part of the drupal module which they are
maintaining.

I wouldn't consider this "ideal".. but it would be a major task to build
something like "drupal ports", where tarballs are downloaded from the vendor
and then patch files are applied if necessary.

speaking of which, it's interesting that on freebsd you can install drupal
tinymce module from ports, http://www.freshports.org/www/drupal5-tinymce,
which depends on tinymce http://www.freshports.org/www/tinymce (tinymce is
downloaded from sourceforge if you "build" it), and symlinks the server-wide
tinymce into the drupal module directory.  I happen to use freebsd but
hadn't given much thought about using it to manage the installation of
drupal modules..

--mark