[development] Google Gears

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Thu May 31 10:17:54 UTC 2007

Perhaps it could be used to integrate with desktop apps, since both the
desktop app and the web app would have direct access to local storage.
Often times importing/exporting data from these things is a multi-step
process, and this could be a "digestion" layer where the user prepares
data (possibly offline) and then synchronizes with the web app.